If this is your first time on this site, you need to become a Compact Member before you can request grant funding for training. Please submit the required information here.
Already a Compact Member-Follow the directions below if you are submitting a funding request.
Workforce Development Compact member grant application to access training funds
Thank you for joining the Workforce Development Compact and investing in upskilling your frontline workers. To complete this application, you will need the following information.
Part A: Company information
- Confirm you have selected the right company.
- Who is the company's contact for the program? Please provide that contact information.
Part B: Training information
- Community College or another training vendor (if another training vendor, please have vendor contact information handy)
- Program title (please do not include any special characters in your title like ":, /, (), etc." These characters will not permit your excel spreadsheet to save in our system.)
- Course description
- Number of hours
- Start date*
- End date
*Note: We cannot approve funding requests for programs that have already started. We will consider your request if your application is in on or before the start date.
Frontline workers to be trained
- Number of employees to be trained
- How does this training contribute to the employees' position?
- Retail price per frontline worker (Actual retail cost-not 50% rate)
- Total funding request (Your total retail cost-not 50% rate)
Part C: W-9
- PDF of your organization's W-9
- Excel spreadsheet of employees' names, titles, and emails (Please use the formatted excel spreadsheet found below)
If you do not include the information listed above, it will delay the processing of your funding request.
Upload your list of trainees using the formatted columns as seen in the example:
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to email@example.com.
If you do not see your organization listed, you will need to first apply to become a Maine Workforce Development Compact Member.
Company Mailing Address
Designated Program Contact
Extension (if applicable)
Who will be providing this training?
Training Vendor Name
Let us help you with selecting a training vendor. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Please avoid using punctuation or special characters in the program title, such as the backslash ( \ ) character. Doing so will cause an error when you go to submit this form.
Number of Hours
Brief description of the course (1500 character limit)
How will this training contribute to the employees' growth? (1500 character limit)
Frontline workers to be trained
Number of Employees to be Trained
Retail price Per Frontline Worker
(Please use the actual retail price-not 50% rate)
Total Funding Request
(Please use the actual total cost, not 50% rate)
Upload Completed W9
Upload a copy of your company W9 in PDF Format
Upload Training Attendee List
Upload a copy of your intended training attendees in Excel format
I acknowledge my obligation as a compact member:
- Provide the MCCS (Maine Community College System) with basic demographic and contact information on trainees.
- Require trainees to complete the online evaluation at the conclusion of the training.
- Make employees aware of community college scholarships.
- To participate in training surveys concerning the training needs of its frontline workforce when as necessary.
- Maintain related records of each training program approved for three years after the completion of the training.
- Our organization agrees to have the selected community college (if applicable) invoice our organization for any remaining balances not covered by the approved grant funding.
Company Name (hidden)